You bring such a calm to the chaos in me

Sunday, March 25, 2007

invisible children

tonight i watched the whole invisible children documentary. i've seen little parts of it before but i've never actually sat down and watched the whole thing. and it was so heartbreaking. i wanted to get up right then and start raising money. and i just want to go hug those children. they are so precious. while the children being abducted and forced to kill anyone and everyone was totally disgusting and touched me deeply there was something else that touched me and will stay with me forever. despite all of the turmoil and grief going on around them, the children worship God everyday and give Him praise and have such a deep faith for Him. i really felt disgusting. i worry about boys and money for things that i really don't need and these young children, and everyone else in the villages, are struggling for their lives. i get angry with God when these pointless things don't go my way and these people praise Him everyday when their lives are in danger, extreme danger. how in the world can i be so selfish? and the woman who talked after we watched the movie tonight said that the people taught her more about her faith then she taught them. it is so amazing. i really wish that i could go to the displace me in orlando on april 28th, but that's the day before i go to guatemala and i need to prepare for that. but i bought a t-shirt tonight and i plan on buying a bracelet of a story of one of the children. i just can't get the images out of my mind. never has something made me more uncomfortable and made me want to do something. and i love it. i just want to love those children and seeing them starving in the displacement camps made me want to just give them food and love them and let them go back to their homes. ah. i love when things make my heart flutter!

just thought i'd share my little insight with you guys :)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home